Research assistant positions
The University of Warsaw, Faculty of Economic Sciences, Chair of Microeconomics is seeking candidates for two full-time research assistants to prof. Mikołaj Czajkowski (http://www.czaj.org/) to work on the project “New research program devoted to enhancing the validity and robustness of stated preference valuation methods in the face of selected behavioral phenomena and biases” and other research and administration tasks.
The offer: scholarship of 3,500 PLN per month for 2.5 years (subject to a six-month evaluation period). For students who consider applying to the PhD program this scholarship can be combined with the base scholarship for PhD students at the University of Warsaw of 3,000 PLN per month (Social Sciences PhD school) or 4,500 PLN per month (Quantitative Psychology and Economics PhD program).
- Interest in scientific research or/and
- Good command of English, academic writing proficiency in particular or/and
- Computer programing and data science skills
Successful candidates might also have:
- Experience in academic research, writing/editing texts in English, econometric modelling
- Knowledge of the Matlab environment, other statistical software
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Interest in stated and revealed preference methods, consumer behavior, modelling preferences and choices
- Recommendations from academics or professionals
- Economics, other social sciences or mathematics-related background
Main tasks involve literature reviews, programing, data analysis, drafting and editing academic publications, and designing new research studies.
To apply, please send the following materials to email@example.com: (1) cover letter describing your interest in the project and highlighting the related qualifications; (2) resume indicating academic background, relevant coursework (preferably with transcripts / scores), language skills, and research and work experience. Review of applications will begin in April/May 2019 and continue until suitable candidates are found..